Recipe’s From #JackBeCookin
I love to make people happy. Having a good meal makes people happy so below I share a few of my favorite recipes. I hope you enjoy. If you do, please let me know in the comments.
Hamburger Steak and Gravy
2 lbs Ground Beef (85/15 for juicy burgers)
1 small onion finely diced/chopped
2 cup beef broth (2 bouillon cubes + 2 cups of water)
4 tbsp butter (not margarine, never!)
4 tbsp of flour (more or less)
- – Prepare the beef broth by adding 2 cup of water and the bouillon cube and heat in the microwave or slowly over medium heat on the stovetop.
- – In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of butter and saute the onions until tender. Remove onions to the side for now.
- – Make 6 to 8 patties from the 2 lbs of ground beef. Place in the same large skillet and cook over medium heat until the desired doneness. Remove cooked patties to the side for now.
- – In the same large skillet, add the remaining butter, flour and stir until all of the flour is incorporated. NOTE: You may have to add more flour or more butter until you get the right consistency. It should look slightly brown but smooth.
- – Slowly add the beef broth to the roux and stir regularly until the gravy thickens to your desire.
- – Plate the hamburger steak with hot mashed potatoes and some green veggie, like Green Beans. Top the potatoes and hamburger steak with gravy.
We use 93/7 Ground Beef as this is fewer calories and less fat.
1 lbs Pork or Beef
3 medium onions
½ c ketsup
1 tbsp chili powder
4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce
¾ c water
2 tbsp vinegar
Cook meat until tender. Slice or shred. Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 1hour. Salt and pepper to taste.
For 1 pint of canned deer meat, use ingredients above.
For 1 quart of canned deer meat, double the ingredients.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
A family favorite of ours, the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread/Muffin is a winner. And if you are not a fan of pumpkin, you may still like this recipe since the pumpkin taste is very slight.
3 c all-purpose flour 2 c sugar
2 c pumpkin
11⁄2 c vegetable oil 11⁄2 c chocolate chips
2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Pre-heat oven to 350. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil. Stir in dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased 8x4x2 loaf pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
We make this recipe as muffins or mini muffins.
Apple Cake Bars
2 cup apples
1 cup oil
1¾ c sugar
2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup walnuts (optional)
Mix together oil, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually add flour, soda, and salt. Once well-blended add apples and nuts. Pour mixture into a 9×13 pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350º.